The last guide you’ll need for Linksys re2000 setup
Linksys RE2000 Setup: When it comes to range extenders, nothing can ever beat the competency of Linksys re2000. With the reliability and power of Linksys, you can always make sure that you get the most out of your existing internet connection.
If you are looking for a method for Linksys re2000 setup, you’re at the right place. The process is pretty straightforward and can be done either manually or with the help of an automated setup wizard. In this article, you’ll learn to set up your Linksys re2000 with the help of the setup wizard.
In the meantime, before you proceed with the steps for re2000 setup, you need to make sure that you fulfill these requirements:
- You must have the setup DVD that came along with your Linksys extender. In case you don’t have the DVD with you, feel free to download the setup wizard directly to your PC through the official Linksys website.
- Make sure that you have a working internet connection that provides good speed.
- Ensure that you know the SSID (name) of your existing wireless network.
- Lastly, you also need to know the password of your existing network.
Now, once you have arranged all the perquisites, you can proceed with the steps for Linksys re2000 setup. Note that if you are unaware of your SSID and password, you must contact your manufacturer to help you find the details.
Steps for Linksys re2000 setup
- First of all, if you have the setup DVD with you, insert it in your DVD drive. Once the software launches automatically, you’ll see an option to set up your Linksys Extender. Click on that option to proceed with the setup.
- If you don’t have the DVD with you, double click on the setup wizard that you’ve downloaded from the official website of Linksys. Once the software is launched, you need a checkmark on the box to accept the terms and conditions. After that, click on the next button to continue.
- Now, the software will load the perquisites required for setting up your wireless connection. Therefore, wait for the time being until the process completes.
- Once done, you are required to connect your Linksys extender to a stable source of power to proceed with the Linksys re2000 setup. After doing so, click on the next button to continue.
- After this, the setup wizard will run a scan to detect the extender. Make sure you keep it close to the router in order to ensure that the process finishes faster.
- Now, just enter the SSID of your wireless router and hit the next button to proceed.
- In the same way, enter the password of your wireless router and hit the next button once again.
- At last, just follow the instructions available on the setup wizard and finish the Linksys re2000 setup.
After the setup is finished, you’ll be able to enjoy a better, broader, and secure internet connection. Therefore, go ahead and follow the instructions for your Linksys re2000 right now.