Step by step instructions for Linksys re4000w setup
Linksys RE4000w Setup: When talking about Linksys re4000w range extender, you must know that it is one of the most prominent wireless range extenders. It can be used with a large number of routers as well as gateways regardless of the service provider.
Moreover, this device is equipped with two rj45 ethernet ports to help you connect two wired devices together. In order to start using it, you need to follow a set of instructions for re4000w setup. Before we get started, let us have a look at some salient features of this extender:
- It provides an easy setup wizard to help you with Linksys re4000w setup.
- It has both 2.5 GHz and 5 GHz bands to provide you an optimal speed with evenly distributed traffic.
- It supports both Windows and Mac devices.
Now, let us take a look at the required steps for Linksys re4000w setup:
- First of all, you need to connect your extender to a stable source of power. Therefore, take out the power adapter and connect it to an outlet. Make sure that there is no electrocuting in between the wire.
- Also, make sure that the extender is kept in between the midway of your device as well as the router. Ensure that each of these devices is placed at an equal distance for the maximum coverage.
- After connecting the extender to a power source, check out the LED at the top panel of your extender. If it shows a green light, you can proceed with the Linksys re4000w setup.
- Now, open the wireless network manager in your computer device and connect to the network named “Linksys extender setup”.
- Once you are successfully connected to the network, you need to open a browser in your device. In the address bar of your browser, type in extender.linksys.com and hit the enter button. Alternatively, you can also access the page at 192.168.1.1.
- After the page is loaded, you will be asked to provide your username as well as password. In case you don’t know the details, just enter admin in the password field and leave the username field empty. After that, hit the login button in order to proceed with the Linksys re4000w setup.
- Once you are logged in, you will see a list of all the wireless networks available near you. Among all the networks on the list, choose the network that you want to extend.
- After selecting the respective network, you will be asked to provide the password of the network. Enter the password and proceed by clicking on the Next button.
- Now, you will be asked to provide an SSID for your extended network. Just enter any name that you want for your wireless network. In a similar manner, enter a password for your extended network as well.
- At last, just register your extender by entering your email and finishing the setup.
And that’s it! The setup for your Linksys re4000w has been completed successfully. With that said, you can now enjoy all your streams and games in the best possible quality.