192.168.1.1 is a private IP address used to access the admin interface of a router. The IP 192.168.1.1 is pre-specified by router manufacturers as the default gateway address and can be used to adjust various settings on the router. For example, if you want to set up your Linksys extender, you must go to this IP address and make adjustments to its settings, and then it will be able to work in places where you previously had no network.New Extender SetupDial: 1-800-983-6723
Linksys has been manufacturing its Extender for quite some time, but the results from its design and performance are far superior to any other brand, and it can easily cope with dead zone issues with your home network. There are numerous Linksys Extender models available that will undoubtedly increase the range of your Wi-Fi router so that you can access the internet wherever you want. Linksys RE6500, RE6700, RE6350, and Linksys AC 1200 Setup– all of them must be configured before usage, and you must ensure that Linksys WiFi Range Extender is appropriately configured using Web URL extender.linksys.com or the default IP address for Linksys extender 192.168.1.1.
How to access Linksys Default IP 192.168.1.1
To access 192.168.1.1 follow the given instructions:
- Make sure your Linksys extender is hooked into a power outlet as close as possible to your Wireless Router.
- Connect the Ethernet connection from the Extender to the Router, then open a web browser on your computer and type 192.168.1.1 into the address bar.
- You’ll be redirected to a screen that says Set up Range Extender or Access Point.
- Select Setup Range Extender from the drop-down menu and follow the on-screen directions.
- Change the name and password for the Linksys Extender Setup in the smart setup widget.
- Login to the default IP address of 192.168.1.1 and select the “Settings” option once it has been successfully installed.
- Choose “firmware update” and, if a new version is available, download it to your computer and go to the file using the extender settings.
- Make sure the extender is not turned off while the firmware upgrade is being installed.
How to find your Linksys Extender IP address
If you’re experiencing trouble accessing your router at 192.168.1.1 (it takes a long time to load or doesn’t load at all), it’s possible that your network is using a different address, such as 192.168.0.1, 10.0.0.1, or 192.168.2.1. Check our router IP address list if this is the case. For additional information, see our tutorial on how to find your router’s IP address.
192.168.1.1 common issues and troubleshooting steps
It’s typical to run into the following issues while trying to connect to your IP address, but don’t worry, we’ve got some easy fixes for you!
The admin page could not be reached.
You’ve been trying for who knows how long and all you get is a blank page with 404 Errors? If that’s the case, you should think about these difficulties. Is your router still operational? Do you have a good Internet connection on your device? Examine them thoroughly to ensure that everything is in working order.
Still having trouble getting to the main page? Why don’t you try another browser? Perhaps anything has gone wrong with the one you’re presently using, preventing you from accessing your admin page further. Another typical issue that most users have is a misconfigured IP address. Because the numbers can be confusing at times, it’s easy to key in the wrong IP address. Due to the similarity of the letters, you may have mistakenly used the letter l instead of the number. Check the dots as well; it’s easy to overlook some of them.