You can join a Linksys extender's WiFi network after setting it up. You should be…
In a time where no WiFi network is safe, you must safeguard yours. So, if you are looking for the step-by-step guidelines to change Linksys extender default password, you’ve come to the right place. In this post, we’ve mentioned the steps that will help you in changing the default password of your Linksys WiFi range extender and secure your home network. So, what are you waiting for? Read on.
How to Change Linksys Extender Default Password?
The procedures that will make it simple for you to change the default password on your wireless range extender are listed below:
- Plug your Linksys range extender into a wall socket and press the Power button.
- Connect your extender to your home router as soon as the power LED light turns green.
- You can connect your devices wirelessly or using an Ethernet cable.
- Next, turn on your computer and launch a web browser.
- Type extender.linksys.com into your browser’s address bar and hit Enter.
- The Linksys WiFi extender login page will come into view.
- Put the default values for the corresponding fields for the username and password.
- Press Log In.
- Your screen will now display the BASIC Home screen.
- Click Wireless Settings by going to the Settings menu.
- The Wireless Settings page will display.
- Under the Password field, enter the new password you want your extender to have.
Note: Make sure the new password you give to your range extender is simple to remember yet challenging to guess. If you’re updating your device’s password, think about utilising special characters in addition to the alphabet and numbers.
- Re-enter the password and click Apply.
- You should expect your changes to be saved in a moment or two.
In this manner, you’ll easily be able to change Linksys extender default password via extender.linksys.com. If you run into any technical difficulties while attempting to do this, either follow the advice provided below or contact our experts.
Fixed: Can’t Change Linksys Extender Default Password
Check the Power Supply
Make sure that your Linksys WiFi range extender is receiving an adequate and fluctuation-free power supply from the wall socket. If it isn’t, then that’s probably because the wall socket is damaged. So, connect your gadget to a different wall outlet.
Verify Connection Between WiFi Devices
If the connection between your Linksys extender and home router is weak, then also you can face issues while changing the default password. Therefore, be sure that your devices are connected securely.
Call Your Internet Service Provider
Contact your ISP to confirm whether you are unable to change Linksys extender default password because of an internet issue. If the problem is on his end, ask him to resolve it as soon as possible so that you can change the device’s password without any disruptions.
Avoid WiFi Interference
If you’re having trouble change the device’s default password, WiFi interference may also be to blame. Therefore, stay clear of cordless phones, washing machines, baby monitors, refrigerators, microwaves, treadmills, etc. while using your extender.
Perform Linksys Firmware Update
Numerous technical faults are caused by obsolete firmware. It’s likely that it’s one of the main causes of the problem you’re now dealing with as well.
If you carefully follow the instructions mentioned in this post, you’ll surely be able to change the Linksys extender default password and safeguard your home wireless network. On the off chance, you’re still facing issues while trying to do so, wasting no more time to get in touch with technicians.