Extender Linksys configuration allows you to extend the wireless signal to the access point or router to extend the Internet connectivity via a wireless connection.
Get the router settings, such as the name of the network and the password. You’ll need to reset the Linksys Wifi range booster. Deep-press the Reset button on the extender monitor. Wait until the LED begins to flicker to restore the factory settings. Go through the steps below to bind to how to install the Linksys wifi repeater.
Procedure to Extender Linksys Setup
- Connect the device to the range extender Ethernet port using an Ethernet cable.
- Attach the range extender to your power outlet. Make sure the LED light is secure. Continue the New Extender Setup.
- Open the web browser and enter the IP address of the router in the Address bar.
- View the window asking for a username and a password. Leave the username blank and type the admin in the Password sector. Choose the Log alternative.
- Pick Wireless and select Simple Wireless Settings.
- Assign the radio button to the Manual and enter the name of the network router.
- Choose security settings that are similar to those in the wireless security section.
- Type the passphrase or WEP key in the search bar and pick Save Settings.
- Remove the power cable from the router and the Linksys range extender for 30 seconds.
- Refrain from continuing until the lights are clear, then insert the range extender.
How does Extender Linksys Setup Work?
Wi-Fi extender is a system used to repeat the router’s wireless signal to expand its coverage range. It functions as a computer that receives a Wi-Fi signal from a router and transmits it to places where there is a minimum signal power.
(i) Set up the Wifi Range booster and know how to configure the Linksys Wi-Fi Extender
(ii) Find the PUSH button on the extender.
(iii) To attach the extender to the router, click the button.
(iv)Use the Spot Finder to position the unit correctly.
(v) After a while, link to the extended home Wi-Fi network.
(vi) Web-based configuration page of the extender.linksys.com Setup.
(vii) Open the web browser and access the extender setup tab.
Xxx means the last three characters of the Mac address of the Extender. Choose the Start button on your Windows system. Choose the File Explorer you like. Find the Network button on the screen and press it.
Display the system website by selecting the range extender icon. The pop-up screen shows the name of the user and the password. Type the admin in each of the search boxes. If appropriate, you can change your password.
You can access the web-based setup tab. After setting up the tab, click Administration, and pick Factory Settings.
Reset the factory settings to complete the setup and process of Linksys Extender Setup. Remove the Linksys extender and turn it off for a few seconds.