Linksys Wifi Extender Initial setup is easy. You do not need any special effort to set up your extension Linksys. You can double-handle your Linksys extender. Use it first as a wireless extending range and as a wired extension known as an access point.
As you know, the extensor repeats current wi-fi signals, it can generate a new wi-fi hotspot with an access point (wired range extension).
You simply need to connect it via Ethernet cable to the access point or router. A router with an active internet connexion is required for both the setup. So make sure you want to use an extension before starting the Linksys Extender Setup?
Would you like to use this as a wired (access) or wired extension??
Linksys Wifi Extender Position
It’s important to place your extender because it provides stable wireless signals. The best place between the router and your devices is to place your Linksys Wifi extender midway.
Make sure you don’t put your router in the extender’s position, otherwise the router won’t broadcast the signals. Sometimes you try to try to find the best connection with the extensor. Another point to keep in mind is that the extension is affected by interferences just like the router.
So ensure that you put an extension on the spot with the least obstacles. Your Linksys Wifi extender is supplied with Spot Finder, which enables the extender to position itself directly. You can download this application from any smartphone.
Linksys Wifi Range Extender Setup
Wired Extension Setup Steps As an Access Point
- Pre-configure Linksys Extender as an Access Point
- An active web-connected router.
- Long enough to connect Linksys to Linksys Wifi extender with an Ethernet cable.
- Plug into a power outlet the Linksys range extender.
- Wait for the light indicator to change color to amber.
- Now use an Ethernet cable to connect your Linksys Wifi extender to the LAN router.
- Linksys extender setup network will be connected next.
- Your Linksys extender network’s last three characters are Extender Mac address.
- Type 192.168.1.1 or extender.linksys.com in the browser administrator bar to complete your setup of Linksys Extender.
- When you ask for the Linksys Extension Setup, you must choose the option as the wired range extension (access point).
- Make sure that you follow the on-screen instructions to generate a network name & password for the access point.
- Then connect your devices to your newly created extension network.
For New Extender Setup, visit extender.linksys.com or contact our expert technicians.