Users that are unable to execute the Linksys AC1200 Setup configuration may also use the Installation Guide book to provide convenient steps to perform the setup process. The configuration process in the installation book also contains a manual setup process, which is a crucial way to execute the process. The user must visit the Linksys Smart Wi-Fi web interface to perform the Linksys Extender Setup process.
Linksys AC1200 Range Extender Setup
- Attach the Ethernet cable that links the modem to the router via the Internet port.
- Now you can open an Internet browser in your window. Type extender.linksys.com to the address bar of the window.
- The Linksys AC1200 Smart Setup Wizard will be shown on the computer.
- Accept the terms and conditions and Click the Next key to proceed.
- If the user needs to configure the router manually, press the Manual Setup button at the bottom of the page.
- Update Window will appear on the device, the option to automatically update the router function will be tested by default. Users should uncheck this if they do not want the Linksys Smart Wi-Fi to execute the Auto-Update process.
- To continue, press the Next button.
- Go into your wireless settings. Assign the preferred name of the network and the Wi-Fi security key to their specified fields.
- Link to the name of the network and return to the Computer configuration. Please click on the next page for Linksys AC1200 Setup.
- Now the app will ask you to create a password for your router and then press the Next button.
The message will flash on your computer to remind you about the progress of the configuration process. It would announce that the router has been set up successfully. To complete the configuration process, press the Next button.
The screen lets you create a Linksys Cloud account via the Smart Wi-Fi account tab.
The user has successfully completed the configuration process using the Internet Wizard Setup process.
Linksys AC1200 Extender Setup Login
How to change the name of the SSID on the Linksys Extender Setup?
Changing the name of the SSID in the Linksys AC1200 AC Wi-Fi extender SSID name is simply a network name that is allocated to allow local users to connect to the network. The user can change the name of the SSID via the extender.linksys.com interface and via the Linksys Smart Wifi software, which is available both in android and IOS models.
Linksys AC1200 Setup: Measures to change the name of the SSID
- Type extender.linksys.com or 192.168.1.1 as the browser’s web address bar.
- The screen will appear as soon as you click to enter the New Extender Setup login screen.
- Please note the login credential within their respective credential. Type “admin” in the user name as well as the password field.
- Click the login button and you can be on the Linksys Smart Wi-Fi home page.
- Click the Wireless tab.
- Go to the New Extender Setup Configuration page and choose the Manual option.
- Locate the name of the SSID. To change the name of the network, delete the current one, and add a new one to the designated sector.
- After you have given a network tag, press the Save Configuration tab to save all the changes you have made.