Linksys Velop devices come with a firewall to secure your network and the devices linked…
How do I connect with Linksys Extender?
How to connect Linksys extender to my internet connection?
In this article, we are going to discuss the various method to how to with Linksys extender in various different methods with your home or office Wi-Fi internet connection. If you are trying to install your booster the first time or want to reconnect to the new internet connection we will be covering every scenario with an easy step-by-step method so that you will properly link your wireless repeater to your main router or modem. And if somehow you face any difficulties while installing, not to worry we have a dedicated team of experts who will guide you through and help you in your configuration.
So let’s jump into the Linksys extender setup process in various different methods.
Setup Linksys range extender via extender.linksys.com
Follow the below instructions setup Linksys extender with extender.linksys.com web URL:
- Plug your Linksys WIFI extender into a proper power supply socket.
- Once you see the green led light start blinking on your wireless booster.
- Now you need a laptop or a cellphone and connect your device with the Linksys Extender Setup_7D network.
- Once you successfully joined in with the repeater network, Open any web browser i.e. Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Microsoft Edge.
- And type extender.linksys.com on the address bar of your browser.
- You are now on the Linksys range extender installation page.
- Click on the Start setup button and follow the on-screen instruction to install your repeater.
How to connect my Linksys WIFI extender with 192.168.1.1?
Let’s get into how to configure Linksys WIFI extender using 192.168.1.1 Ip address:
- Before start, the setup process, make sure your booster is plugged in and gives you a blinking green light.
- Now connect your device with the default Linksys range extender setup network.
- Once you connected, open a web browser and type 192.168.1.1 in the address bar.
- Note: The IP address configuration will not work if you have a Linksys router. As a result, please use the extender.linkys.com web URL to connect your repeater to the primary router or modem.
- You are now on Linksys extender configuration page.
- Click on the “Start Setup” button and follow the steps to link your repeater to your home modem or router.
Facing issues to connect with Linksys Extender?
Less often, during initialization, users do not connect to the extender. An error message shows up saying ‘you are not linked to the range extender network’ as they attempt to reach the default Linksys range extender setup page.
To connect with Linksys Extender to your main router or modem, follow the below-given steps:
- Make sure the power led is lit up on your WIFI extender.
- To make the WPS connection the distance between your router and extender is not more than 5 feet.
- No electric appliance should be near the repeater while following the installation process.
- extender.linksys.com setup URL will only work if you are connected to the Linksys default extender network.
- If you are using a Linksys router, the 192.168.1.1 Ip address setup will not work to connect your Linksys extender.
- So follow the How to connect the Linksys extender with extender.linksys.com
- or follow the Linksys range extender setup with the WPS method
- Make sure your device is connected to the Linksys Extender setup default network to access the installation page.
This Post Has 0 Comments