The most common issue reported by people worldwide these days is a Linksys extender connected…
Have you performed the Linksys extender setup properly? Is the orange LED on your Linksys wifi range extender blinking? It appears that you will have some connectivity troubles. But don’t worry. We are here to help you. Following the discussion of some of the top troubleshooting hacks in this post, repairing the Linksys wifi extender blinking orange light issue will be a piece of cake for you. Continue reading.
Let’s troubleshoot Linksys range extender blinking orange light issue:
Restart the Linksys extender
Rebooting your wireless equipment is the most basic technique to troubleshoot the Linksys extender orange light issue. Here’s how to restart or reboot your extender:
- Remove any cords that are connected to your Linksys extender.
- Turn off your Linksys extender and unhook it from the wall.
- Allow some time.
- Connect your Linksys extension to its wall outlet and turn it on.
- Reattach all of the cables to your extension.
Examine the status of the LED on your Linksys extender now. Were you able to resolve the Linksys range extender blinking orange light problem? No? Then proceed to the next fix.
Perform Linksys firmware update
You can also try updating your device’s firmware to resolve the Linksys extender orange light issue. Are you unsure how to carry out the procedure? Follow the given steps to get started:
- Open a web browser on your computer.
- Download the most recent firmware for your Linksys extender.
- After that, open a new tab in your browser.
- Enter your device’s default web address (extender.linksys.com) in the address bar of your browser.
- Avoid typing the default web address into your browser’s search bar.
- Enter the Enter key.
- You will be routed to your extender’s login page.
- Fill up the default admin information and click the Login button.
- The Linksys extender configuration wizard will appear.
- Choose Settings > Maintenance > Firmware Update > Browse > Upload from the menu.
- Restart your Linksys wifi range extender.
If you have any problems while updating the firmware on your Linksys device, please contact our technical support team. They will help you to resolve any problem.
Check ethernet connection
Check the ethernet cable that connects the Linksys wireless range extender to the host router. Although it should not be harmed, if you discover any cuts on it, have it replaced. Following that, ensure that the connection between your devices is finger-tight.
If you want to try something different, consider connecting your gadgets wirelessly.
Prevent wifi Interference
Wifi interference can potentially impair the performance of your Linksys range extender. As a result, if the room where you’ve placed your extender is filled with transmitting appliances, electronic equipment, metal items, and reflexive surfaces, consider moving it.
Keep your Linksys wifi extender away from cordless phones, washing machines, baby monitors, Bluetooth speakers, mirrors, fish tanks, treadmills, televisions, refrigerators, microwave ovens, aluminum studs, and other similar devices.
Reset Linksys extender
If you are still unable to resolve the Linksys wifi extender orange light issue, consider doing a factory default reset. Here’s how to start the reset process:
- First, make sure your extension is receiving a stable power source.
- Once you’re certain, look for the Reset button on your extension.
- Once found, carefully press the button.
- Please wait a few seconds.
- Reconfigure your Linksys wifi range extender as soon as you finish resetting it.
That brings us to the end of our instruction on troubleshooting the Linksys wifi extender blinking orange light issue. We hope that after going through the aforementioned hacks, you will be able to stop the orange LED on your wireless device from blinking.
If you are experiencing the same problem, it is recommended that you contact our highly trained experts.
Continue to read for more information about: