Linksys Velop devices come with a firewall to secure your network and the devices linked…
A Comprehensive guide on Linksys AX3600 Wifi 6 Access Point
The Linksys AX3600 Wifi 6 Access Point is a wireless networking device that provides high-speed and reliable connectivity to devices such as laptops, smartphones, and smart home devices. The Access Point uses the latest Wi-Fi 6 (802.11ax) standard to provide faster speeds, greater capacity, and improved network efficiency compared to previous Wi-Fi standards. The AX3600, which is built for maximum performance and offers up to 6.5 Gbps of throughput, is perfect for deployments that demand maximum capacity.
Linksys AX3600 Wifi 6 Access Point Features
The Linksys AX3600 is a high-performance WiFi router designed to deliver fast and reliable WiFi coverage for homes and small businesses. Here are some of its key features:
- WiFi 6 Technology: The AX3600 uses the latest WiFi 6 technology to deliver faster speeds, better performance, and more efficient use of network resources.
- Dual-Band Connectivity: The router supports both 2.4GHz and 5GHz bands, providing flexibility to connect devices to the most suitable band for optimal performance.
- 4 Gigabit Ethernet Ports: The router comes with 4 Gigabit Ethernet ports for connecting wired devices like gaming consoles, desktop computers, and NAS devices.
- USB 3.0 Port: The AX3600 has a USB 3.0 port for connecting external hard drives, printers, and other USB devices.
- Beamforming Technology: The router uses beamforming technology to enhance the strength and reliability of wireless signals, ensuring that WiFi coverage reaches every corner of your home or office.
- Parental Controls: The AX3600 comes with advanced parental controls, which allow you to set limits on internet access for your children and keep them safe online.
- Smart WiFi App: The Linksys Smart WiFi App lets you control your router from anywhere using your smartphone or tablet. You can manage your network, set up guest access, and monitor your WiFi speed and usage.
- WPA3 Security: The AX3600 supports WPA3 encryption, which provides enhanced security and protection for your network and connected devices.
- Easy Setup: The router is easy to set up using the Linksys app, and it comes with intuitive web-based configuration for advanced users.
How to setup Linksys AX3600 Wifi 6 Access Point?
Here are the steps to set up your Linksys AX3600 Wifi 6 access point:
- Connect the access point to your modem or router using an Ethernet cable. Make sure the access point is powered on.
- On your computer or mobile device, connect to the access point’s default Wi-Fi network.
- The network name (SSID) and password can be found on the access point’s label.
- Open a web browser and enter “192.168.1.1” in the address bar.
- This will take you to the access point’s web-based setup page.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to set up your access point.
- You may need to create a new admin password and Wi-Fi network name and password.
- Once you’ve completed the setup process, connect your devices to the new Wi-Fi network.
Note: If you already have a router and want to use the Linksys AX3600 access point as an extender, you can set it up in Bridge mode. To do this, log in to the access point’s setup page and go to the “Wireless” section. Select “Bridge mode” and follow the on-screen instructions.
Linksys AX3600 Wifi 6 Access Point Setup via App
Here are the steps for Linksys AX3600 Wifi 6 Access Point setup via the app:
- Download and install the Linksys app on your mobile device.
- Plug in your Linksys AX3600 Wifi 6 Access Point and connect it to your modem or router using an Ethernet cable.
- Open the Linksys app and tap on “Set up a new device” on the dashboard.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to set up your access point, including selecting your network name and password, and creating an admin password.
- Once the setup process is complete, the app will prompt you to connect your devices to the new network.
- Test your new network by connecting to it with a device and browsing the internet.
Note: If you have an existing network, you can use the Linksys app to add the AX3600 Access Point to your existing network instead of setting up a new one.
How do I reset the Linksys AX3600 to factory settings?
To revert your Linksys AX3600 router to its factory default settings, please follow the steps below:
- Make sure your router is powered on.
- Locate the reset button on your router. It’s usually located at the back of the router and marked “Reset.”
- Press and hold the reset button for 10-15 seconds. You can use a paperclip or any other pointed object to press and hold the button.
- Release the reset button once the LED lights on the router start blinking.
- Wait for the router to reboot. This may take a few minutes.
- Once the router has finished rebooting, it should be set to its factory default settings.
Note that resetting your router to its factory default settings will erase all your custom configurations, including your Wi-Fi network name and password. You will need to perform Linksys extender setup again from scratch, including your Wi-Fi network name and password.
Steps for troubleshooting Linksys AX3600 Wifi 6 Access Point
If you are experiencing issues with your Linksys AX3600 Wifi 6 Access Point, here are some troubleshooting steps you can try:
- To begin, ensure that your computer is linked to the router via an Ethernet cable.
- Launch a web browser and type 192.168.1.1 into the address bar, then press Enter.
- If you’re working with a graphical user interface (GUI). Click on the Administration section of the router’s administrative console’s icons near the top-left corner of your screen, or enter 192.168.1.1 in your web browser’s address bar, then click on the Router Main Menu icon.
- If you are using a text-based user interface (TBI), open the routerlogin.doc or configurator profile password WORD document with administrative privileges in Windows 2000, XP, Vista, 7, or 8 by right-clicking on it and selecting Open With WORD Document Editor.
- Then, in the login form, enter your password and press Enter.
- If you’re connecting via Ethernet, make sure the activity light is green (on) and the status light is steady (low-power). If these lights are blinking, connect your computer to the modem directly rather than through the router.
- If you use WiFi, make sure it is turned on and connected to the router’s network.
- Furthermore, if you’re using a cable modem, make sure the light on the front is green (on).
For more information about: