The Linksys RE6500 extender is a gadget made to increase the Wi-Fi network's current range…
How to fix Linksys extender Not Connecting to the Internet problem?
Users may become quite annoyed if the Linksys Extender is not connected to the Internet since it prevents them from conducting any online tasks. If the same problem has you in knots, don’t worry. We’re here to help you. We’ve compiled a list of some of the best tips in this article so you can quickly resolve the Linksys extender without connecting to an internet problem. Stick to reading, then.
How to do Linksys RE3000W Extender Setup
Why is My Linksys WiFi Extender Not Connecting to the Internet?
There are several reasons why your Linksys Extender is not connected to the Internet . Here are some possible causes and troubleshooting steps to try:
- Poor Signal Strength: Ensure that your WiFi extender is in range of your wireless router’s signal. If the signal is weak or intermittent, it may not be able to connect to the internet.
- Incorrect WiFi Password: If the password is incorrect, the extender will not be able to connect to the internet.
- Incorrect Extender Configuration: Incorrect configuration settings can prevent the extender from connecting to the internet.
- Outdated Firmware: Outdated firmware can cause connectivity issues and other problems. Check the Linksys website for firmware updates and install them if available.
- Network Congestion: If there are too many devices connected to your network, this can cause network congestion and slow down or prevent internet connectivity.
If none of the above troubleshooting steps work, you may need to reset your WiFi extender to its factory settings and reconfigure it from scratch.
Troubleshoot the Linksys Extender not connecting the internet issue
Here are some important tips that may help to fix the Linksys Extender is not connected to the Internet. So carefully follow these steps to solve your problem.
Start up your extender
The first step to resolve the Linksys Extender is not connected to the Internet problem is to start your extender. Before restarting or rebooting your Linksys wifi range extender, avoid doing any additional hacks. The reason is that many technological problems can be resolved with this straightforward troubleshooting trick. It might also help in resolving the issue you are now having.
In order to learn how to reboot, follow the procedures below:
- Your Linksys extender should be turned off and unplugged from the wall outlet.
- Wait a short while.
- Reconnect your Linksys extension to its wall outlet and turn it on.
- Try to connect your Linksys wireless range extender to the internet once you’ve rebooted it. Are you still inconsolable over the Linksys extender internet connection problem?
Modify the Source of the Connection
If the Linksys Extender is not connected to the Internet, the problem continues, it may be because you connected your wireless devices with an Ethernet connection.
There is nothing wrong with connecting WiFi devices to a wired source, but it isn’t always a solid choice to take into account. As a result, choose using a wireless method to connect your extension and home router.
Put your devices close together
It can also result in internet-related problems if your Linksys wireless range extender is situated far from your home router. So, be sure to set both of your wireless devices close to one another.
But keep your distance! If otherwise, their WiFi signals will have a fight and might end up leading you to further technical issues in the future. Consider whether you want it.
An interference signal (AV)
It can have a negative effect on the functioning of your Linksys wifi range extender if the space is full of reflective surfaces, metal items, electrical equipment, and transmitting appliances.
Thus, be careful not to store your extender anywhere near the following items:
- Wireless telephones
- washing equipment
- infant monitoring
- Bluetooth headphones
- fish ponds
- a microwave oven
- Aluminum studs
- Also, avoid positioning your Linksys extender close to solid concrete walls or in corners.
Your Linksys Extender Should Be Reset
Are you still experiencing problems with your Linksys Extender is not connected to the Internet? Resetting your gadget to its factory default settings is the only viable choice in that situation.
To reset your Linksys device, follow to the instructions below:
- The Reset button should be anywhere on your wireless range extender.
- Use a paper clip or an oil pin to press the button.
- Wait until the device reboots on its own.
- Do as soon as the reset process is finished.
You’ll be able to resolve the Linksys Extender is not connected to the Internet problem after using the troubleshooting tips suggested in this blog. If our advice doesn’t bring you any comfort, though, think about speaking with one of our technical experts. They are available at all times to assist users like you.