Step By Step Process For Linksys Extender Reset
A Linksys extender can gradually boost the Wi-Fi connection at your home and can get you high-speed internet even at the secret laboratory built below your home. You might have already settled up the extender and maybe using it for quite a long time.
However, if you are reading this article then chances are there that you have encountered a problem that is not solved by even the troubleshooting tips and you find no other way than doing a Linksys extender reset.
Therefore, in this article, we will be looking at the subtle method of resetting the Linksys extender to solve all the problems related to it and get it back to the default settings. But before that let us have a look at the various problems out of which you might be facing one or two.
Linksys extender – Common problems
Some of the most simple and easy-to-solve problems that you might be facing with your extender are as follows:
- You might be having issues with the login or unable setup Linksys extender.
- The web address extender.linksys.com might not be accessible by you and it might be inaccessible for your network.
- You might have issues with the configuration of your Linksys router and you might not be capable of setting it up.
- Your extender might show some problems while trying to connect multiple devices in it.
- You might be unable to set up the router with the extender.
- You might be facing issues while accessing the setup page of your router.
- You may have forgotten the password of your router.
- You might not be able to access the internet even if you are connected to the extender.
If you are facing any of these problems and the troubleshooting steps just don’t work for you then only a Linksys extender reset can save the day. Moreover, the reset process is extremely easy and you don’t need sugar, spice, and everything nice for doing a factory data reset on your router.
Therefore, let us look at the step-by-step procedure to perform a Linksys extender reset.
How to reset linksys extender?
You can use wireless or wired equipment such as laptops, wireless routers, desktops, and other wirelessly compatible devices with the Linksys extender configuration. Extenders from Linksys extend the range of your wireless network and existing internet range from your existing WiFi router.
If you’re having trouble with your Linksys wifi range extender or it’s not operating properly, you can reset it to factory default settings. So, how do we Reset Linksys Extender with a single wink?
It’s not difficult to restore the Linksys wifi extender to its original factory settings. Within a few seconds, you can easily reset the Linksys extender setup process. Let’s take a look at how to reset a Linksys extension.
There are two different methods to reset Linksys extenders:
Let’s go with the soft Linksys extender reset process:
- Switch on your computer or laptop.
- To view the Linksys extender setup page on your desktop/laptop, open any of your favorite latest updated web browsers.
- To do so, use an ethernet wire to connect your desktop/laptop to the Linksys wifi range extender.
- In your web browser’s URL/address box, type extender.linksys.com and press the enter key.
- On the Linksys wireless extender configuration screen, type the default login credentials for the Linksys extender.
- To reset your Linksys extender, go to the ‘Administration field’.
- The factory default reset button should be tapped.
How to reset Linksys extender via hard reset method
- Turn off all connected devices.
- Check that your Linksys range extender’s connections are all disconnected.
- Allow your Linksys range extender to correctly boot up by connecting a power cable.
- Allow all of the LEDs to stabilize.
- A pin or paperclip with a pin-pointed tip is required for hard reset.
- A reset hole may be found on the Linksys extender. In the reset hole, insert a pin or paperclip and keep it there for a few seconds.
- Release the pin and draw it out of the hole once all of the LEDs begin to blink again.
- You may now reconfigure the router for Linksys wireless extender configuration.
Still having issues with Linksys Smart WiFi Setup after reset
If you’re still having trouble utilizing or accessing the Linksys extender setup and login page after the reset, make sure you follow the guidelines below:
- Never use a public hotspot to connect your Linksys wifi range extender.
- Your Linksys extension or existing WiFi router is running on an earlier firmware version.
- Keep your Linksys WiFi extender and existing router in a well-lit area. Place the device away from any physical things such as doors, concrete walls, microwaves, electronic devices, and so on.
- It’s possible that the web browser you’re using to access your Linksys smart WiFi setup is out of date or overburdened. Therefore, either upgrade your web browser or delete the temporary files and cookies from your web browser and computer/laptop.
So, these are the two most effective ways to quickly reset your Linksys wifi range extender. We sincerely hope that our efforts assist you in resolving your Linksys extender reset problems. If the problem persists, it’s a good idea to contact one of our professionals.