Linksys Wi-Fi Extender Setup Guide
Step by step instruction to log in to the Linksys wi-fi extender setup page. Linksys routers are one of the best routers equipped with most advanced and modern technology. These routers are best if you are planning to set up a Wi-Fi connection for your home internet network. But sometimes, due to thick concrete walls or modern architectural design of a house, it is observed that users face problems in connecting to these routers as signals face to penetrate walls. This results in weak internet connections in parts of a house or in some cases no connections at all. In these situations, the need for a network extender arises to boost up the network signal and provide a stronger and wider Wi-Fi range. If you are facing such problems with your home network connection then it is time for you to get a Linksys extender. Linksys extender is designed with top-grade technology to provide strong and a wide range of the network. These Linksys extenders come in different varieties and that gives out a list of choices to the user to choose an extender according to their need.
In this blog, we are going to explain to you the complete A to Z Extender Linksys setup process and at the end of the blog, you’ll be ready to set up your new Wi-Fi extender to your home Wi-Fi network.
How to Login to Extender Linksys Setup Guide Page?
The first step towards the installation of a Linksys extender setup involves logging in to the setup page of Linksys Wi-Fi extender. For this step, you’ll have to enter the default address of Linksys Wi-Fi extender in the address bar of an updated browser of any device connected to the Wi-Fi network of your home. The default login link that you will be entering is http://extender.linksys.com. This is the official website for the Extender Linksys setup process. After entering this link you will be ready to start the configuration process of your new Wi-Fi extender. There are some things you need to do for the advanced setting of Linksys Wi-Fi extender.
- First of all, turn on your Linksys extender and wait for the power light to turn bright.
- Connect your new Linksys extender with a device with a properly updated browser like a laptop, desktop, smartphone or a tablet.
- Now, the Linksys WiFi Extender setup page will appear asking for your username and password. Enter your details and you will be able to access the Linksys WiFi Extender Setup.
Manual Configuration for Extender Linksys Setup
The login page of the Linksys WiFi Extender Setup can also be accessed through manual configuration for Linksys Wi-Fi extender. There are some steps you need to follow if you want to access your Linksys extender setup through a manual process which is given below-
- Before anything else, to access the Linksys WiFi Extender Setup you need to connect your booster with an updated laptop, desktop, smartphone, or a tablet computer.
- Now you need to establish a connection between your device and Linksys extender through an Ethernet cable to proceed further in the setting up process.
- Linksys WiFi Extender Setup can be accessed with the IP address 192.168.1.1.
- Instead of this IP address, you can also login to the page with http://extender.linksys.com to open the setup page and go through the further procedure of the Linksys WiFi Extender Setup.
- Now a page will open up asking you to enter your login credentials. Enter your credentials as asked.
- After entering your Linksys Extender login credentials, you will be prompted to the Linksys WiFi Extender Setup page.
- From the options available on this page, select the wireless option, and proceed further.
- In the wireless menu, you’ll get a lot of other options. From there, select the ‘Basic Wireless Settings’ option.’
- Now, you have to select the radio button which is corresponding to the ‘Manual’ setup process.
- After this, space will come up in which you will have to enter the SSID name of your home network to proceed further in the setting up process.
- Now you will get the space to enter various security methods and passwords for your Wi-Fi booster to save the settings to finally complete the Linksys extender setup process.
Linksys WiFi Extender Setup is a very easy and simple process, but if you are not so sure about your how-to knowledge regarding the process, then it can be a really frustrating experience for you. Wi-Fi extenders are of great use as they provide a wide and more reliable Wi-Fi range.
How to Reset Linksys Wi-Fi Extender Using Web-Based Utility
- First of all, access the Linksys WiFi Extender Setup page by the default address http://extender.linksys.com .
- A box will appear asking for your username and password, enter those and proceed.
- For the options that come up on this next page, select the ‘Administrative’ option, and proceed further.
- Here, you will find a ‘factory default’ option, click on this option.
- Now from the options the come up, select the ‘management’ option.
- Under the ‘Management’ option, click on the ‘Restore Configuration’ button provided on the menu.
- And now for the last and final step. Save all the changes that you have made in the settings and you will be able to reset the Linksys extender.
Now that we have explained to you in brief about the Linksys WiFi Extender Setup and you are ready to set up you are a new Linksys booster for your home Wi-Fi network. Make sure that you follow every step clearly. Linksys is one of the most important and powerful devices when it comes to increasing networking. Keep an eye on the step by step process to make sure that no mistakes were made in the setting up process.
Linksys extenders have changed the Wi-Fi networking by making it stronger and wider. Linksys Booster ensures that not even a single room of floor in your house is failing to connect to a high-speed Internet. Linksys extenders boost the signals and keep them unaffected from any possible architectural designs.