Linksys RE1000 Setup: Detailed Instructions
If you are struggling with a poor internet connection, you must check out the Linksys re1000. It is a prominent wireless range extender from the pioneer of wireless devices, Linksys. With the help of re1000, you not only get a better internet connection but also get rid of dead zones in your house.
Basically, there are two broad ways to set up your Linksys extender – manual and automated. Therefore, in this article, you’ll get to know about the steps required for an automated Linksys range extender setup.
Requirements for Linksys Extender Setup
Before you jump into the steps, make sure that you have all these requirements available with you:
- First of all, you must know the SSID as well as the password of your existing wireless network router. If you are unsure about the primer details, you can contact your router’s provider and ask them for support.
- Next up, you need to have access to the setup CD that you may have received along with your extender. In case you don’t have one, you can visit the official website of Linksys and download the setup executable for free of cost.
- Lastly, you must have a proper internet connection with great speed.
After you’ve fulfilled all these requirements, you can proceed with the instructions for the Linksys re1000 setup. Let us discuss the steps in detail:
- Foremost of all, you need to insert the setup CD in the CD drive of your computer. After that, wait for the setup to execute automatically. If you don’t have the CD, double click on the setup executable and click on the checkbox to agree with the terms and conditions. After that, hit the next button to begin your Linksys re1000 setup.
- Now, the Linksys extender setup page will load the network requirements. Therefore, you just need to wait until the loading is completed. You’ll be able to check the progress on your screen as well.
- After the network configuration has been loaded, you need to connect your extender to a power source. Navigate a stable source of power near your router and connect your extender to it.
- Once it is connected, hit the next button on the software to scan for the extender. The system will automatically detect the availability of your extender. After that, you can proceed with the Linksys re1000 setup by clicking on the Next button.
- Now, when the extender has been detected, the setup wizard will ask you to enter the SSID as well as the password of your network. Therefore, just type in the required details and proceed with the extender.linksys.com setup by hitting the next button. In case your network is private, checkmark the box that says “my network is private”.
- Lastly, all you need to do is follow the steps mentioned in the setup wizard. After you have successfully completed all the steps, a finish button will appear. Just click on it to complete your Linksys re1000 setup.
And that’s it! You have successfully settled up your Linksys re1000 extender. Now you can enjoy seamless connectivity of the internet with better speed and higher coverage.