A Thorough Guide for Linksys Re4000w Dual-Band Extender Setup
Linksys RE4000W dual-band extender setup: If you are facing issues with your internet connection such as lesser coverage, slower speed, or availability of dead zones, you certainly need a Linksys RE4000W dual-band extender. This device is a dual-band wireless range extender that can resolve all your connectivity issues in a snap. It features two Ethernet ports that you can use to connect it with routers of a different band. Whether you have a 5 GHz or a 2 GHz network, you can use this extender to solve all your internet-related issues. With that said, let us have a look at the exact process you need to follow to configure your Linksys extender and start using it.
- Foremost of all, you need to connect your extender to a stable source of power. To do so, you need to take a power adapter and connect it to a power outlet near your router. After that, you need to press and hold the power button for a while. Once the LED light turns solid green, you can ensure that the extender has been successfully turned on.
- Once the extender is turned on, you need to connect it with your extender. To do so, you can either use an ethernet cable or connect both the devices wirelessly using the WPS push button. TO connect the devices with an ethernet cable, connect one end to your router and the other end to the extender on the basis of your router’s band. In case you want to connect it wirelessly, you need to locate and press the WPS button on both the devices simultaneously.
- Now, to proceed with the configuration of your Linksys RE4000W dual-band extender setup, you need to have a computer or smartphone. In your computer or smartphone, you need to open the wireless network manager and connect with the network of your extender. Once connected, you need to open a browser of your choice. Make sure that the browser you are choosing is up to date.
- In your browser, you need to head towards the address bar located at the top. In the address bar, you need to enter the web address Linksys RE4000 Setup and hit the enter key on your keyboard. If the website is not accessible, you can also enter 192.168.1.1 in the address bar and hit the enter button on your keyboard.
- Once you access the website, it will ask you for a username and password. In order to find these credentials, you need to look at the bottom of your extender. After noting down the credentials, enter them on the website and click on the login button.
- After that, you’ll see a big blue button with an “extender.linksys.com” written on it. All you need to do is click on this button and you’re good to go. Now, you’ll get on-screen instructions on your device. All you need to do is follow the instructions and click on the finish button in the end.
And this is it! You’ve successfully configured your Linksys RE4000W dual-band extender setup and you can start using it.