The Linksys RE6500 extender is a gadget made to increase the Wi-Fi network's current range…
Linksys RE1000 Setup
Linksys RE1000 Setup
Once you go with the Linksys RE1000 Setup, it will help you to convert your dead spots into fun spots by extending the range of your existing wifi network to the most hard-to-reach places of your house or office. It comes with an ethernet port to allow quick plug-and-play installation. Linksys RE1000 N300 can deliver a max speed of up to 300 Mbps. Mainly there are two methods to configure your extender:
- Manual Setup.
- Wireless protected Setup (WPS).
How to setup my Linksys RE1000 WIFI extender?
For Linksys RE1000 Setup go through the instructions given below:
- Plugin your Linksys RE1000 into an electrical outlet.
- Make sure that your N300 and main router are near to each other.
- Take an ethernet cable and connect your booster to the router.
- Grab a smart device and get connected to the existing wifi network.
- Launch any web browser and search extender.linksys.com.
- Linksys login page will appear here.
- Follow the on-screen prompts to complete Linksys RE1000 Setup.
- Now you can unplug your N300 extender and plug it at your desired location.
That’s it, in this way you are able to perform Linksys RE1000 manual setup. If you face any trouble in the setup process then in the next blog we will talk about the quickest and easy method to perform Linksys extender setup.
Linksys RE1000 setup by WPS method
Have you ever heard about the wireless protected setup (WPS)? If not then let us know you, actually, the wireless protected setup refers to the quickest and easy method to set up an extender. You can perform the Linksys RE1000 Setup by WPS method without entering any personal details such as username, password, SSID e.t.c. This process can be done in two minutes only by pushing a small button only.
Here are the steps for Linksys RE1000 setup by WPS Method:
- Turn on your Linksys RE1000.
- Place your N300 and main router in the same room.
- Press the WPS button on your RE1000.
- After a few seconds, press the WPS button on your home router.
- Wait for the WPS LED to give the solid green light.
- Once your extender gives the stable green light that means that the connection between your booster and the router is good.
This is how you can configure your Linksys N300 by the WPS method. In the next blog, we will discuss the firmware update operation for your extender by which you can get rid of bugs and other technical problems with your Linksys RE1000 N300.
Linksys RE1000 firmware update
If you are struggling with the bad behavior of your extender or it is not delivering the required speed even after a successful Linksys N300 setup then you need to perform Linksys RE1000 Setup. After you complete this operation you will be able to fix the bugs and all other issues also as this update comes with the latest security features and other features which are helpful to fix your problems.
In order to perform Linksys RE1000 firmware update go through the given steps:
- Make your Linksys RE1000 turned on.
- Get on a mobile device and open an internet browser.
- Login to your Linksys range extender.
- Tap on the Firmware upgrade option.
- Follow the prompts to complete the firmware update process.
- It will take some time, do not unplug the extender while the process is going on.
That’s it in this way you can update the firmware on your wifi booster. In the next blog we will talk about the factory reset operation for your extender.
How to reset Linksys RE1000?
Factory reset is the process that is mostly performed in cases whenever a user is not able to remember his admin password and wants to recover it. When you reset Linksys RE1000 it will make your N300 ready for the new setup process by deleting all your personalized information including your password, username, and SSID. Let’s see how the factory reset operation is performed.
To reset Linksys RE1000 follow the given steps below:
- Firstly, power on your Linksys RE1000.
- Find the factory reset button on your Linksys N300.
- Grab a toothpick.
- With the help of a toothpick press and hold the factory reset button for 10 seconds.
- After some seconds the LED will blink and your N300 reboots automatically.
- Now your RE1000 is ready for the new installation process.
That’s how you can perform the factory reset operation on your Linksys RE1000 N300. In case you need any help regarding any process you can reach us by calling our professional technicians at our toll-free number or also by live chat. We are always ready to resolve your issue 24*7.
This Post Has 0 Comments