Linksys RE4100W Setup: Boost your existing internet connection with the Linksys RE4000W dual-band wireless range extender. It provides you two distant ethernet ports to work with two different bands.
Whether you are struggling with poor internet connectivity or lesser coverage, this device can significantly resolve all your internet-related issues by extending your wireless network for 5 GHz and 2.4 GHz networks in the same period of time.
In this article, we’ll have a look at the step by step procedure for Linksys RE4100W Setup. After following all the steps mentioned in this guide, you’ll be able to use your wireless range extender seamlessly. With that said, let us get started with the instructions:
- First of all, you need to plug your extender to a stable source of power. For that, you require a power adapter. Once you have a power adapter with you, connect it to a power outlet.
- After that, you need to press the power button on your extender for a while. Once you see a solid green light on the LED panel of your extender, you can move to the next step.
- After you’ve successfully turned on your extender, you need to connect it with your router. To do this, you need to have an ethernet cable in place.
- Based on the band of your router, connect one end of the ethernet cable to one of the two ports available in your extender. Also, you need to connect the other end to your router. After that, make sure that the LED light turns solid white to ensure a proper connection.
- Now, you will also require a computer or smartphone to continue with the Linksys RE4100W Setup. In your computer or smartphone, open the wireless network manager and connect with the network of your extender.
- Once you have successfully connected to the network, you need to open a browser application of your choice. While choosing a browser, make sure that it is up to date.
- In your browser, you need to navigate to the address bar located at the top. In the address bar, type extender Linksys setup sand hit the enter key on your keyboard.
- As an alternative, you can also type 192.168.1.1 and click on the go button in your browser. Now, you will be redirected to the online setup page of your wireless range extender.
- Before you can proceed with the further setup, you need to provide login credentials for the website. You can find the credentials in the bottom part of your extender.
- After noting down the credentials, head again to the website and log in. Once you have successfully logged in, you will see a blue button with “Linksys Extender Setup” written on it.
- All you need to do is click on that button and you will be taken to an automatic Linksys extender setup wizard. Now, you just need to follow the instructions you get on your screen. At last, you just need to click on the finish button.
And that’s it! You have successfully completed the Linksys RE4100W Setup.