How To Setup Linksys Re4100w With Ease – Instructables
The Linksys re4100w is the newest extender form the pioneer of extender technology, Linksys. This extender operates on a frequency of 2.4 GHz to 5 GHz both one after another. It lets you re-transmit the Wi-Fi signal to provide excellent connectivity to the areas where the network is unable to reach.
Moreover, the extender also includes an audio port so that you can connect a speaker through it by which you will be able to play music using the DLNA or some android or IOS apps. It has a large number of salient features some of which are:
- It provides a simultaneous dual-band.
- Linksys Extender provides a data rate of up to 600 megabytes per second.
- Extender is compatible with 802.11.
- RE4100W provides a fast Ethernet port that has a feature of auto MDIX sensing.
- It provides an audio port that enables you to stream music within your network through a pair of speakers that you can connect through that port.
- Wifi provides two spatial streams.
- Supports a setup which is protected by Wi-Fi.
- Subtle wireless security protect your network from unknown device to connect.
- It provides cross-band technology that allows this extender to use both of its bands to provide the maximum connectivity.
Let us have a look at the method for the Linksys re4100w set so that you can enjoy all-around wireless connectivity in all the rooms of your house and even further as well. Let us begin with the method then.
Step for Linksys RE4100w setup
As said earlier, this extender is the latest one from the Linksys. Therefore, the Linksys extender setup re4100w is also the latest that can be done with ease and without any failure by following these set of steps in a respective manner.
- The name of the wireless network (SSID)
- The password of the wireless network (default or alphanumeric)
Now let us have a look at the required steps:
- First of all, to begin the Linksys re4100w setup, you need to connect the extender to a power outlet so that it can turn on and ensure that you are able to see a solid light in the LED panel of the extender.
- The next step that you need to follow is to place the extender at a place that exists in between the Wi-Fi router of your home and the place where the availability of the network is very weak.
- Next, you need to choose a preferred setup type. You will be getting two options for this as follows:
Wireless Setup: In this method, you need to turn on the extender first and then wait for a solid green light to appear on the LED. After the extender has successfully turned on, you need to connect with the network of the Linksys re4100w setup which might appear with the name of Linksys extender setup.
Wired Setup: In this method, you will require an Ethernet cable and then you need to connect the Ethernet cable with the extender on the back of the extender at an available port. Then you need to connect the other end with the computer.
Note that your computer should only establish a connection with the extender during the whole setup process and it should not be connected through any other network.
- The next thing that you are required to do is open a browser of your choice in the computer device where you are setting up the extender. In the browser, you need to visit the web-based setup page of the Linksys re4100w setup by typing in or copy-pasting the URL extender.linksys.com in the URL bar of the browser and hitting the enter key.
Note that if you get any prompt for authentication then you need to leave the input field of the user name as blank and enter the password as “admin”. Then you are required to snap on the ok button. However, if you have settled up a custom password then you need to enter that only.
- Once you visit the above-mentioned link from the browser of your choice, you will be presented with some on-screen instructions that you need to follow for proceeding with the setup of your extender. After you have completed all the steps shown on-screen, you will be able to see a confirmation message on the screen that will say that your extender has been configured successfully. After the extender is successfully settled up, you need to click on the close button to finish the setup.
Now the setup is complete and you will be able to connect to the network with ease. Moreover, now you can enjoy high-speed network connections without worrying about the dead zones of the network in fewer areas.
Some common issues that you might face while setting up the Linksys RE4100w extender
Here is a list of issues that you might encounter during the process of setup but is not a matter of concern at all. Moreover, you can always take help from the customer service for solving these issues:
- You might be having problems while trying to configure the extender.
- Website URL might not be accessible by you.
- The default Ip Address 192.168.1.250, not opening.
- There might be some technical issues such as IP conflicts.
- You might be getting firewall error messages on your browser while setting up the extender.
- It may be getting username and password error while entering them.
- Some time People are not able to connect to the Linksys Extender Setup for Re4100w extender.
- You might be getting slow internet speed with the extender.
- The extender might be connected successfully but the internet might not be working.
Now you know the required steps for Linksys re4100w setup. Therefore, get rid of all the internet related issues with the help of this extender. That’s all we have for today.