Linksys RE6400 Setup
Linksys RE6400 Setup using a Web browser
Linksys RE6400 Setup can be done with the browser setup, for that, you will have to visit Linksys RE6400 new extender setup page, to access the Linksys Extender setup screen go to extender.linksys.com or 192.168.1.1. In any case, if you still can’t log in to extender.linksys.com setup screen, dial our toll-free +1-866-988-8965
Steps To login Linksys RE6400 Setup:
- To access the Linksys RE6400 page, Connect your device with Linksys Re6400 Network.
- After you are connected to the Re6400 extender.
- Open extender.linksys.com using your web browser.
- Follow the on-screen instruction to complete the setup for your Linksys RE6400
- If you need Linksys Re6400 experts to help you with the same, Dial +1-866-988-8965
Given below the detailed step by step process to connect your Linksys extender and fix the slow internet connectivity problem
Here’s what you need to know about Linksys Re6400 Setup
If you want to get the most out of your internet connection, the Linksys Re6400 extender is a great investment for you. Moreover, the process of Linksys Re6400 Setup is extremely easy. The setup is done through a browser and you don’t require any software or hardware for the setup.
However, there are some other requirements as follows:
You must have an active internet connection
You should know the SSID and password of your existing connection
When you have successfully arranged the above-mentioned requirements, you can start with the steps mentioned below in the given order.
- Before the browser phase of Linksys Re6400 Setup begins, you must turn it on by plugging it into a power outlet. Make sure the power outlet is working and the wire does not have any cuts from anywhere. You should be able to see a solid orange-colored light in the LED when the power connection is successful.
- After successfully connecting the extender to a power supply, you need a laptop or other device that can connect to a wireless network and has a working browser. In your device, connect with the extender’s network by searching for it on the wireless interface with the name “Linksys”.
- Upon a successful connection, you have to launch a browser application and navigate to the URL bar. In the URL bar, enter the web address extender.linksys.com and press the enter key. The link will take you to a website where the browser-based Linksys Re6400 Setup will begin.
- When you reach the website, you need to check the two available boxes and click on the blue button that says “Linksys Extender setup“. After clicking on it, you will be asked to select a preferred method for your setup.
- For those who don’t know, your Linksys extender can be settled up in two ways – access point method and range extender mode. Range extender mode is easy and does not limit the features of your extender, unlike access point mode.
- Therefore, you have to select the option “setup as a wireless range extender” and click on the blue next button. After this, you will move towards the next phase of your setup.
- In this phase, you need to select the existing network that you want to extend. You will have a list of nearby available networks on your screen. Just select the SSID of your own network from the list and then enter the password when the website prompts you to do so. As usual, click on the Next button after completing this step.
- So, now you will be asked to create a new name and password for your Linksys extender’s network. Just type the required details and you are good to go. Once again, proceed to the next step by clicking on the Next button.
- Your extender will undergo a firmware upgrade so let it complete and then click on the finish button.
That’s where the setup comes to an end. Now enjoy your extended network as much as you want.