Linksys RE6500 Extender Setup
Install the Linksys RE6500 Setup to boost your Internet WIFI connectivity.
If you have any problems when accessing the installation page, this page will instruct you on how to set up the AC1200 Dual-Band WIFI Extender using the configuration wizard. For installation instructions using Wi-Fi Protected Setup™ (WPS).
Welcome to Linksys RE6500 range extender Setup via website extender.linksys.com. Before configuring your range extender, please ensure your Wifi Settings ( SSID / login credentials/security key) are ready
How do I reset my Linksys RE6500 dual-band extender?
- To reset the Linksys RE6500, locate the Reset button on your extender.
- Gently insert a paper clip or pin into the reset hole of your Linksys RE6500 Extender.
- Press the Reset button for at least 10 seconds.
- To complete the AC1200 reset, power cycle the system.
- Restart your Linksys RE6500 after it has been successfully reset.
Linksys RE6500 Setup | AC1200
- To setup RE6500 repeater, plug your extender into a wall outlet.
- Turn on your Linksys RE6500.
- Go to WIFI Settings on your wireless device i.e. laptop or cell-phone.
- Connect with AC1200 Extender Setup network.
- Open any internet browser and visit the extender.linksys.com web URL.
- Now you are on login page. Click on the “Start Setup” button.
- Now follow the step by step instructions will appear on the screen.
- You are now successfully connected your repeater to your home router or modem.
- To get good connectivity unplug the booster and place it your desired location.
Linksys RE6500 Setup using WPS Button | AC1200
To setup your Linksys RE6500 using WPS method, follow the steps given below:
- Firstly you need to switch on the Linksys RE6500 AC1200.
- Place the RE6500 and the router is the same room.
- Press the WPS button on the extender.
- Check if the Led lights on RE6500 extender are blinking properly.
- Place the Linksys AC1200 extender in a good location.
- At Last, you are ready to connect wireless devices to the Linksys RE6500 WIFI Extender.
Linksys RE6500 Extender Firmware Upgrade
To update your Linksys RE6500 AC1200 Firmware, follow this steps:
- Firstly, make sure Linksys RE6500 is plugged in to an electrical outlet.
- Now make your way to the website extender.linksys.com
- You are now on the repeater log in page. Enter your username and password.
- Once you signed in look for the Administration option and then select Firmware Upgrade.
- After selecting your latest upgrade click on “Update Now”.
- Check the version of your AC1200 and click on download.
- After downloading the latest version, open and run the file.
- You are now uploaded the latest security patch on your repeater.
HOW DO I INSTALL MY LINKSYS RE6500 WIFI EXTENDER?
- To install the Linksys RE6500, plug your repeater into the power outlet.
- Once you have blinking light on the extender.
- Plug an ethernet cable or cat5 cable from your booster to the main router.
- Now open a web browser from your laptop and type extender.linksys.com
- You are now on WIFI booster installation page. Click on “Start Setup“
- Follow the steps to link your AC1200 to the main router or modem.
For more information and troubleshooting:
Linksys AC1200 Troubleshooting Steps
Here are several troubleshooting tips for to fix your Linksys RE6500 Setup issues:
- Use your laptop to connect to a install AC1200 repeater.
- Check to see whether the Linksys RE6500 extender is plugged in to the power outlet properly.
- Upgrade the firmware of Linksys AC1200 Extender.
- Keep your extender away from doors, aluminum studs, and other possible sources of intrusion.
- Make sure all of the wires are in good working order.
- During setup RE6500, just use the updated version of your web browser.
- Power cycle the booster and try setting your extender again.
- If you’ve forgotten or misplaced your default login credentials, look them up in the manual.
How to change the Extended Wireless Settings of the Linksys RE6500 Extender?
To change the Extended Wireless Settings of Linksys RE6500 Wifi Extender, follow the instructions:
- First, ensure that your Linksys RE6500 AC1200 Extender is on.
- Open a web browser and type linksysrangeext.local into the address bar.
- Now look for the Basic Settings Option.
- Now locate the Wireless Settings of the band for AC1200.
- In the fields given, type your preferred wireless network name and password.
- Enable the SSID Broadcast Option.
- Your Extended Network Settings have now been updated.