Without wifi or the internet, we can’t imagine our life and work to go on. Today, we all depend on the internet for study, work, entertainment, etc. But people get irritated when their router provides a slow speed of the internet.
In this new world, everything depends on the speed like your work performance, etc. So how we forget the internet speed and why we compromise on that. Today, most people are facing slow internet problems.
In this article, you will read about the Linksys Velop. Moreover, you will also learn how you can do the Linksys Velop ac3900 setup.
What is the Linksys Velop wi-fi mesh system?
Before we talk about the Linksys Velop ac3900 setup you need to know about what wifi mesh system and Velop are in short. Linksys Velop is a high speed performing modular wifi mesh system that creates nodes to provide high-speed wifi coverage throughout your home.
Its setup will hardly take a minute so you don’t need to take tension for that. After the setup, it delivers an ultrafast, flawless and full-strength signal. A mesh wifi system consists of the main router that connects to the modem directly.
Moreover, a series of nodes and satellite modules are placed around your home for high speed and full area wifi coverage. The Linksys Velop is available in various packages like 1 node, 2 nodes, 3 nodes, etc. So, you can purchase these packages according to your requirements.
Methods to login to Linksys Velop AC3900 Setup Page
To set up the Linksys Velop wifi, there are various types of methods available. Here you will read all the methods that you can select according to your device.
- Initial connections for Linksys Velop ac3900 setup
To setup Linksys Velop, you have to have an active internet connection. When you talk about the traditional Linksys routers setup then you have to connect laptop or computer to the router to start the configuration. But when the deal is about the Linksys Velop setup then you don’t need any computer or laptop. This setup can be done by using a mobile. You just need to download and install an app on your device. Through that app, you can easily set up the device. Here you will read some steps to set up the initial connection of Linksys Velop.
Step 1: you can download the Linksys Velop Setup via any app store. After completing the download and installation, you have to create an account.
Step 2: take the Ethernet cable that came along with the device and connect it to the Linksys Velop Ethernet port and internet modem. To turn on the device, you need to plug in the power cable. When you start the node, you will see a blinking blue light. When the blinking blue light is solid it means the node is turned on and started working.
Step 3: maybe you have purchased node packages already like 1 or 2 or 3 nodes package. First, you need to set up the primary node. This node will be connected to the modem.
- Linksys Velop ac3900 setup by using Linksys app
You can easily do Linksys Velop ac3900 setup through the app. You just need to follow some basic steps that are mentioned as follows:
- Download and launch the Linksys app and tap on the launch setup button. Next, you will see many options under which you have to select the Velop system.
- Now click on the Linksys extender setup button to agree to terms and conditions. The term and condition will appear only once.
- The mobile Bluetooth is used to configure the system so you have to turn on Bluetooth on your mobile. Maybe, you need to turn on the location as well.
- Now the Linksys Velop Ac3900 Setup app will search for the primary node in the network and it will try until it finds the device and connects with it. After you’ve successfully connected, hit the next button.
- After that, you will see the option to create a Linksys cloud account option so you have to create an account with the help of your email address and password and go to the next page. In other cases, if you have an account then you should log in with your account.
- Afterward, you can see the change wireless network setting option. The SSID will be the name of your network and you just need to create a password to connect to the wifi network. You have to remember the setting that you changed. Now click on the Next button.
- Now your mobile connects with the wifi that you created. Now open the Linksys app again and continue to the setup process. Select the location of the primary node. The location may be a family room, office, dining room, etc. When the setup will be done then it will give you a success message.
Advantage of using Linksys Velop ac3900 rather than a range extender
Instead of depending on a single wifi router at one corner of your home, you can use a number of Velop hotspots to create a mesh network in your house. It works as a single network for your entire wireless gadgets.
Your device can seamlessly jump between Velop nodes when you move around the home so mobile switches to the strongest signal. When you use a range extender then the speed of the wifi network will be reduced.
When you connect many devices with a single extender then the network is divided into various parts and it will not provide a good speed of internet. Therefore the Linksys Velop is the best for the high-speed wifi.
If you want to check the speed of Velop then you can do it in two ways. The first method of checking speed is- open the website of Linksys and then fill your Linksys cloud account credentials and hit the sign-in button. Upon login, you will see the dashboard, and here you can click on the speed check.
The second method is the Linksys app. If you have this app on your mobile then you have to open the app and log in to your account. Tap on the main menu and here you can see the option of speed check. By using your mobile you can easily check the speed of the network.
This was all about the Linksys Velop ac3900 setup.