The Linksys RE6500 extender is a gadget made to increase the Wi-Fi network's current range…
Unable to connect my Linksys extender to Linksys router? Here is the fix
Can’t Connect your Linksys Extender to my Linksys router?
In this article, we are going to talk about why you are unable to connect Linksys extender with your Linksys router and discuss the number of issues that come while connecting the booster to your main router.
As you know Linksys extenders are the best WIFI range extender in the market to extend the range of your existing WIFI signals and if you have a Linksys router and you want to connect your new Linksys wifi extender to it that is the best compatibility source.
If you are facing any problem like can’t connect Linksys extender to the router then you need to check the below-given points of the Linksys range extender setup process
- Check that the extender is within the wireless range of your router.
Make sure that your Linksys extender device is near your main Wi-Fi router for the initial configuration. If the repeater is far away from the router, then there is a lot of possibilities you will face difficulties in the installation process.
- Verify that the WIFI is turned on your Laptop or Cellphone.
Check to see if your device’s WIFI is turned on or off. If you cannot see the default extender network name on your laptop or smartphone. Please turn on and off the WIFI; this will assist you in resolving the problem.
- Keep the SSID of your wireless router visible.
This is the major reason why your Linksys router not connecting to the extender because the Linksys router’s SSID may be hidden in the wireless settings. To change this setting you must log in to your router and make the SSID visible.
NOTE: The SSID Broadcast Enable / Disable feature is only available on Linksys Wi-Fi Routers and Linksys Smart Wi-Fi Routers that are running Classic firmware. This feature is no longer available for routers that use a Linksys cloud account.
Unable to connect my Linksys extender with my Linksys router?
If you are trying to setup your Linksys WIFI range extender with your Linksys main router using a 192.168.1.1 IP address, a user may have a difficult time accessing the installation page. It’s because the router and WIFI repeater has the same default 192.168.1.1 IP address, which causes issues when configuring your booster.
The router using the same default setup Ip address of Linksys repeater as follows:
- Asus Router Login
If you are using any above routers and facing problems while configuring the Linksys extender, follow the below-given steps to install:
- Firstly, plug your Linksys repeater near to the main router or modem.
- Wait for the power light to start blinking green or amber.
- Now push the WPS button on your wireless extender.
- And then push the same button on your router or modem.
- If you didn’t see the WPS button on your main router. Then click on the how to connect Linksys extender using 192.168.1.1 default IP address?
- Wait for 2-3 minutes, If your booster is correctly configured with the push button configuration. You will see a solid green light lit up on the extender.
- Plug your repeater to the desired location and connect your device with the extension network.
From the above-given instructions, if you face any difficulties in setting up your booster, do not worry feel free to get in touch with our certified expert.
This Post Has 0 Comments